The noise sensor has a tiny microphone capsule on bard, and can trigger an output signal when an adjustable noise level has reached. The additional analog output can feed for example into a microphone amplifier or a sound processor. The power supply should be chosen accordingly to the connected micro controller; for example 5V for an Arduino Uno, or 3.3V for an Arduino Due or Zero.
Please see the schematic; it shows a trigger circuit very similar to the one on the Noise/Audio Sensor board. The analog output is not shown on the drawing, but it is just the straight signal from the microphone.
- Operating Voltage (max.) 2 – 36V
- Operating Voltage (recommended) 3.3 or 5.0V
- Trigger output with adjustable sensitivity.
- Max. output (sink) current 16mA.
- Dimension sensor 15 x 37 x 14 mm, 3.6g